Sponsorship Info and Guidelines
1. Travel teams and All-Star teams may solicit sponsors for the purpose of obtaining funds to benefit the team(s).
2. Teams that have successfully solicited sponsors have the first option to resign their sponsor for succeeding years.
3. Teams must inform the Director of Fundraising regarding which sponsors they intend on resigning before the conclusion of the recreation or travel regular seasons during which the sponsorship will conclude. Sponsors whom a team elects not to resign will be available for solicitation by other travel/all-star teams. The team resigning the sponsor(s) will then have the first option for resigning the sponsor going forward subject to the conditions set forth herein.
4. New sponsors may be recruited at any time.
5. The director of fundraising must be notified of all prospective new sponsors.
6. Sponsor Banners will be posted at the Ticetown Fields for two (2) consecutive seasons following the recruiting of a sponsor. In the event that a sponsor’s banners is posted later that two (2) weeks subsequent to the commencement of a given season, said sponsor’s sign will be posted for the season currently in session and the following two consecutive seasons.
7. Internet postings will run for two (2) consecutive seasons following the recruiting of the sponsor. In the event that a sponsor’s internet ad appears later than two (2) weeks subsequent to the commencement of a given seasons, said sponsor’s ad will run for the season currently in session and the following two consecutive seasons.
Note: Seasons are contingent on when a sponsor is initially recruited; e.g. a sponsor recruited prior to the spring season will have his/her sign, internet advertisement posted/ run/ for the spring and fall seasons. Shirts will be worn the following fall. Sponsors recruited during a given soccer season will have their ad posted/run/worn during the next following soccer season. Furthermore, the commencement period during, which sponsors ads run, is contingent on meeting the requirements of section 8 below. It is the sole responsibility of the recruiting team to ascertain what information the sponsor has requested for inclusion on their billboards and or team shirts and or Internet posting. All requests are subject to OBSL Board approval.
8. A player who recruits a sponsor does so for the sole benefit of the team he/she is playing for at the time the sponsor is recruited. All funds received by the team as a result of a sponsorship shall at all times remain the sole property of the team. Players who leave a team are not entitled to any benefits resulting from the solicitation of a sponsor by that player. All funds will revert back to the OBSL in the event that a team disbands prior to use of the funds.
9. All funds received by a team resulting from the solicitation of a sponsor shall be turned over to the Director of Fundraising. In the event that the Director of Fundraising is unavailable, funds may be turned over to any current OBSL Director who will in turn notify the Director of Fundraising regarding the recruitment of the sponsor. The Director of Fundraising or any other Director receiving funds will turn over all funds to the league Treasurer who will place the funds in the appropriate account. In the event that funds are placed in a single account, interest accruing from said account shall be the sole property of the OBSL.
10. Both the league Treasurer and the Director of Fundraising will maintain a record of the funds allocated to each team as a result of their sponsor solicitations. The Treasures and Director of Fundraising shall on a quarterly basis meet to reconcile their records. An accounting will be presented on a quarterly basis to all travel/allstar team coaches who have solicited sponsors. Coaches will be asked to sign a copy of the accounting acknowledging their agreement with the balances presented.
11. Subject to the approval of the OBSL, teams that have successfully solicited sponsors may request use of the funds allocated to their team(s) for any appropriate soccer related purpose. Requests for use of funds must be in writing and include the following information: a. amount requested, b. reason for the request, and c. when the funds will be used. Request for funds must be submitted to the Board at least one month prior to the intended use date. Upon receipt of funds, coaches and the Director of Travel and/or Treasurer will sign a receipt indicating the transfer of funds to the respective coach.
12. Funds may not be used for: a. other fundraising activities, b. personal use by the coaches or individual players or team parent, c. payment to officials other than officials sponsoring tournaments. Subject to approval by the OBSL, team members and coaches as a team may use funds for: 1. Team training, 2. Tournaments, 3. Team trips which are soccer related (e.g. trip to see a MetroStars game), 4. Team jackets and other soccer related purposes. The OBSL Board of Directors must approve all expenditures.
13. Funds may be requested for use at any time by a recognized OBSL travel team in good standing that has had funds allocated to its team as a result of having recruited sponsors. Travel teams may elect to carry funds over from year to year but in no event shall the carrying over of funds extend beyond the conclusion of a team having reached U16 level of play. Any unused funds shall revert back to the OBSL at the time of dissolution of any travel team.
14. Funds must be used by a recognized OBSL all-star team by the end of the spring recreational season of the either the year following the fall season in the event the sponsor was recruited during the fall season or the spring recreation season during which a sponsor has been recruited. Any unused funds shall revert back to the OBSL at the end of the spring recreational season.
15. Unused funds which revert back to the OBSL shall be placed in an account separate and apart from any funds designated for use by either an OBSL recognized travel or all-star team and may be used at the discretion of the OBSL.
16. Unsolicited funds become the exclusive property of the OBSL and shall be placed in an account separate and apart from any funds designated for use by either as OBSL recognized travel or all-star team. OBSL shall use these funds exclusively for the benefit of the OBSL, e.g. purchase of trophies, uniforms, give-aways, etc.
17. When a sponsorship check is added to the OBSL treasury, the respective team will receive the amount of the sponsorship less any costs associated with production of the item selected for advertising/sponsorship.
18. This document may be revised at the discretion of the OBSL.