Here are the answers to some questions about the OBSL Travel Program. Any other questions? Click here
to e-mail our Director of Travel Soccer directly or review our travel policy which can be reached from our travel home page.
- How long is the travel season? OBSL Travel teams play a 10 game schedule both in the fall and spring. Most games are played on Sunday’s with the U8 age group playing on Saturday’s. Some teams also participate in winter indoor leagues to stay in shape and to train in between seasons. Most teams play in at least one tournament a season and some of our teams train year round
- What is the time commitment? Most Travel teams practice at least two afternoons or evenings during the week. Most practices are held in Old Bridge.
- What are the requirements to become a travel coach? To be eligible to coach a travel team, a person must have an "F’ License or higher, or will have one prior to carding, as well as a fully completed Kid Safe form. The coaches serve at the discretion of the BOD. The BOD selects the coach for a one (1) year term following the tryouts.
- When are tryouts? Children who seek to participate in the Travel Program must participate in the scheduled tryout process.Tryouts are held in early May of each year to evaluate and rank all players within each particular age group by ability. Tryouts are held at Ticetown Fields. The tryouts are conducted by professional trainers acting as independent, objective observers. Check the OBSL website for tryout dates.
- Are players allowed to change teams during the season? No After the carding process, no player may be released from one OBSL travel team and added to another OBSL travel team.